In this six-session Zondervan Groupware™ video curriculum, award-winning author Philip Yancey probes the very heartbeat―the most fundamental, challenging, perplexing, and deeply rewarding aspect―of our relationship with God: prayer.
What is prayer? How does it work? And more importantly, does it work?
In theory, prayer is the essential human act, a priceless point of contact between us and the God of the universe. In practice, prayer is often frustrating, confusing, and fraught with mystery.
Prayer: Does It Make Any Difference? is an exploration of the mysterious intersection where God and humans meet and relate. Yancey explores such questions as:
- Is God listening?
- Why should God care about me?
- If God knows everything, what’s the point of prayer?
- Why do answers to prayer seem so inconsistent and capricious?
- Why does God seem sometimes close and sometimes far away?
- How can I make prayer more satisfying?
Here is a link to the DVD and related participant guide, if you want to use this study for your small group.
This book is a supplement to the A Church in Exile: Holy God sermon message.