What happens to a plant when it does not produce any seeds?
I am a backyard farmer. I have planted so many things over the years—these are just a few of my memories:
- My grampa’s garden: all the vegetables and fruits that I raided—rows and rows that he cultivated
- Our own garden in Montana—fighting off the birds from those strawberries
- My backyard now: the heat, the soil/trying to make the grass grow throughout
- The hollyhocks—for so many years I had volunteers, now nothing ☹
- The creeping fig—could not kill it, now it is a blessing
This morning our scripture deals with growing things; specifically with a farmer “casting” seed—that means throwing it out across the ground. [Read more…]